“Around the Book Blogosphere” is a feature to share posts from other book blogs or other book-related websites that I have enjoyed reading. Book blogging is all about sharing the love, right?
✥ ✥ ✥
ICYMI: Novel Sounds (one of my favorite book blogs) has been doing these great posts promoting the release of Taylor Swift’s album, 1989. She concluces Swiftober with a video!!
I’m going to do this tag in tomorrow’s Sunday Morning Book Chat, so stay tuned!!
✥ ✥ ✥
A BOOKISH HALLOWEEN
This week’s Top Ten Tuesday topics was Halloween-themed for obvious reasons. Here are some of the bloggers’ responses! So fun!
- Snuggly Oranges wrote about “Top Ten Characters Who I Would Totally Want To Be For Halloween.” — “Penryn from Angelfall – Intensely awesome fighter, with an angelic sword? Yes.”
- The Starry-Eyed Review wrote about the Top Ten Tuesday: Bookish Halloween Costume Ideas
- Pop! Goes the Weasel posted on Top Ten Books I Want To Read This Halloween!
✥ ✥ ✥
I’ve said this before and I’ll say it again. I blog for myself. Period. End of. Not for authors. Not for publishers. Just for me. Blogging is fun. I will keep blogging until it’s no longer fun for me. Nosegraze’s post yesterday was everything that I have been wanting to say and more. Let’s all bring blogging back to basics. It’s all about books. <3
✥ ✥ ✥
Do judge a book by its cover from Pop! Goes the Reader
I love this feature from Pop! Goes the Weasel! She features beautiful book covers that are a feast for your eyeballs! This week’s post has a lot of great ones, including one book I talked about in this video.
✥ ✥ ✥
FUN FACTS ABOUT ALL BROKE DOWN by CORA CARMACK
Maryse’s Book Blog posted a list of fun facts Cora Carmack’s All Broke Down and an exclusive excerpt on her blog! Here is a snippet:
“All Broke Down is without a doubt the sexiest book I’ve written to date. So sexy, in fact, that I was scared to let my mother or sister to read it (and they read all my books).”
Also check out Lost in Literature’s book review for All Broke Down! It made me reaaalllly want to read it like now!
✥ ✥ ✥
UNTIL THE END — Rock POV
The final book in Abbi Glines’ Seabreeze series released this past week! Check out an excerpt in Rock’s POV!
Have you read her Seabreeze series?
✥ ✥ ✥
DELETED SCENE: THE SINNER’S BARGAIN by Claire Contreras
Angie and Jessica’s Dreamy Reads posted a deleted scene from The Sinner’s Bargain, book two in Claire Contreras’s Contracts & Deceptions series! I have yet to read this series but have heard both books are really freaking good!
✥ ✥ ✥
BOOKISH HALLOWEEN COSTUME IDEAS FOR NEXT YEAR!
Okay, I seriously fell in love with this post the moment I saw it. Mostly YA Book Obsessed made these awesome mood boards for your favorite book characters! These should give you some ideas about what to do for next year! Cristina’s Book Reviews also did a fun costume-type post!
✥ ✥ ✥
Jane Harvey Berrick Spotlight!
Shh Mom’s Reading featured Jane Harvey Berrick. I’ve yet to read her books (for shame), but I thought it was awesome that they shared all of her book in one post. Check it out!
✥ ✥ ✥
Why I Wrote A Thousand Pieces of You
by Claudia Gray
Midnight Garden wrote a short review of A Thousand Pieces of You and hosted a guest post by Author Claudia Gray! I’ve been so excited for this book!
“Marguerite, Paul, Theo, Sophia, Henry – they were all so vivid to me right away; the adventures they were going to have dominated my imagination for days and weeks and months. Clearly, if I did not find a way to talk about these characters with other people, I was going to lose it. Writing a book seemed wiser.”
✥ ✥ ✥
Excerpt: HERE WITH ME by Heidi McLaughlin
I”m really excited to read Here With Me by Heidi McLaughlin. It’s a military-themed story. The heroine’s husband is killed in action. His twin, the hero, returns home to help her deal with her grief. Oh and the hero has been in love with her for years!
Check out an excerpt at Three Little Birds Book Blog
✥ ✥ ✥
Mia Sheridan Interview
Under the Covers Book Blog interviewed bestselling author Mia Sheridan. I’ve yet to read any of her books, but I really want to to! Everyone always recommends Archer’s Voice!
✥ ✥ ✥
ADDICTED SERIES LOVERS!
Several blogs have been posting promotional posts for the third book in Krista and Becca Ritchie’s Addicted series, Addicted After All. It came out on October 31st!! Here are some of their posts:
- Character Profile + Giveaway: Addicted After All by Krista & Becca Ritchie (Promo Tour) via LitSlave
- Guest Post: Playlist for Addicted After All by Krista & Becca Ritchie via My Book Muse
- Excerpt from Addicted After All via The Scarlet Siren
✥ ✥ ✥
Any bloggers in the house reading this? I absolutely loved this post from Say it With Books! She had some great tips for writing great content for your readers!! She has lists, people. Lists. I love lists. I hope you like it as much as I did!
✥ ✥ ✥
HALLOWEEN BOOK RECOMMENDATIONS FROM MY BOOK MUSE!
Click on the image for spooktastic reads!
✥ ✥ ✥
* Click on the links to check out some of the cover reveals you may have missed! *
- LEAVING AMARILLO by Caisey Quinn via BCS Reviews
- CRAVING RESURRECTION by Nichole Jaquelyn via TotallyBooked
- WITHERING HOPE by Layla Hagen via Biblio Belles
- SAVAGE STALKER by Kathleen Kelly via The Indie Bookshelf
- HEARTS RECAPTURE (HADES HANGMEN #2) by Tillie Cole via Have Book Will Read
- THE SUMMER AFTER YOU AND ME by Jennifer Salvato Doktorski via Ed and Em’s Reviews
- COMING FOR YOU (DIRTY, DARK, AND DEADLY #3) by J.A. Huss via TotallyBooked
- SOMETHING RECKLESS and SOMETHING REAL by Lexi Ryan via Lovin’ Los Libros
- REASON AND ROMANCE by Jenn Young via Paradise of Pages
- SEEK and SNARE by Clarissa Wild via Little Read Riding Hood
- YESTERDAY’S HALF TRUTHS by Carey Heywood via Bibio Belles
- TAKE ME WITH YOU (TAKE ME FOR GRANTED #2) by K.A. Linde via The Autumn Review
- LAST CALL (COCKTAIL #2.5) by Alice Clayton via The Book Avenue
- THE BOURBON KINGS (THE BOURBON KINGS #1) by J.R. Ward via Once Upon A Twilight
- NEW COVER: THE WALKING DEAD GIRL by Lili St. Germain via Hook Me Up Book Blog
- …AND MANY MORE COVER REVEALS HERE!! via Christina Reads YA
✥ ✥ ✥
Book Reviews I Enjoyed Reading This Week!
SCREWDRIVERED by Alice Clayton — 4.5 stars
Reviewed by Under the Covers Book Blog
“I loved everything about the interactions between Clark and Vivian. They are complete opposites and somehow they matched. They are fun together. Her bringing out the fun in him, and him trying to tame the wild child.”
SWEET FILTHY MORNING AFTER by Christina Lauren — 4 stars
Reviewed by Mostly YA Book Obsessed
“Even if you haven’t read Sweet Filthy Boy, I would still recommend this. Who knows, you might end up loving Ansel as much as the rest of us and want to read Sweet Filthy Boy. Although I really enjoyed this, I really wish it were a little bit longer. Mostly, I wish that Sweet Filthy Boy would have included Ansel’s POV.”
NOCTE by Courtney Cole
Reviewed by Vilma’s Book Blog
“This story is a thriller. It’s a mystery that commands attention. A twisted tale that demands unraveling. A page turner that will assuredly surprise you in the end. A haunting psychological suspense, Nocte takes you to the precarious edge between illusion and truth, between madness and sanity, grief and love. You won’t want to miss it!”
TIES THAT BIND by Neeny Boucher — 5 stars
Reviewed by K&M Book Haven
“I would definitely recommend this series to anyone looking for a DIFFERENT story. A real story that you can relate to. A story that submerges you into a different world that may be very much like your own. A story filled with crazy characters that are impossible not to love.”
HATE: A LOVE STORY by Laurel Curtis — 5 stars
Reviewed by Reviews by Tammy & Kim
“This was not an easy story, but it kept me enthralled, turning pages, wiping tears to the point my eyes were puffy and cheeks were raw. But it also found me hoping and laughing and smiling. There are some tough subjects, consequences for actions that lead characters to anger, sadness, depression and worse. But there is also time, healing, laughter, and ultimately love.”
GONE GIRL by Gillian Flynn — 3.5 stars
Reviewed by Cristina’s Book Reviews
“If you like suspense, this is definitely the book for you! It’s also clever and tricky and will keep you guessing. But if you prefer likable characters and happily ever afters – this is not for you.”
SNOW LIKE ASHES by Sarah Raasch — 3.5 stars
Reviewed by My Book Muse
“Meira is quite simply a badass. There were a few moments that actually left me in tears because of how much I hurt for her character. There is a particular relationship between Meira and Sir (the man that basically raised her) that is especially touching.”
ECHOES OF SCOTLAND STREET by Samantha Young — 4 STARS
Reviewed by Patti from Parajunkee
“Echoes of Scotland Street can easily be read as a stand-alone, the characters from the other books are there, but their stories are not integral to this story. Honestly, if you pick up Echoes of Scotland Street first, you’ll probably want to immediately turn around and read the rest of the series!”
MADE by J.M. Darhower — 5 stars
Reviewed by Reading is My Breathing
“I’m not afraid to go as far as saying that this is J.M. Darhower at her best. No matter how much I love Sempre duet, Corrado Moretti will always be my favorite and I’m glad to say that in my eyes, Mrs. Darhower did his story a justice.”
RELLIK by Teresa Mummert — 3.5 stars
Reviewed by No BS Book Reviews
“It’s a quick, suspenseful, sexy read that had a very satisfying ending. I’m definitely curious if the author will continue the stories of Rellik’s band mates in future books.”
LOOP by Karen Akins — 5 stars
Reviewed by Fiktshun
“LOOP is a captivating, delightful and wildly entertaining read. Set primarily in the 23rd century, this futuristic story travels between the main character’s present and a two-century-old past. It offers readers action, mystery, suspense, romance, humor and enough time loops to blow the mind. And it delivers an ending that will leave readers anxiously awaiting the sequel.”
Share the link to some of your favorite posts in the comments!
✥ ✥ ✥
- Reading is my Breathing posted her to-be-read tag. I tagged her in my Sunday Morning Book Chat vlog a couple of weeks ago. Check out her post!
- Also Erin from Lit Slave posted her TBR Tag!
See what you missed this week!!
- [2 Nov] Sunday Morning Book Chat #6 — The Taylor Swift Book Tag & Blogging
- [3 Nov] Forbidden by Kimberley Griffiths Little ★★★
- [4 Nov] Dirty Rowdy Thing by Christina Lauren ★★★
- [5 Nov] Waiting on Wednesday #29 — Burned by Karen Marie Moning
- [7 Nov] Spotlight & Giveaway — Caged in Winter by Brighton Walsh
- [8 Nov] Around the Book Blogosphere #14 — Fake Reviews, The Raven Cycle, Holiday Romances, and Naked Books!